My research career has been linked to the development of new experimental methods and data analysis in the field of Biophysics, with special emphasis on calorimetry, molecular interactions and fluid phase. During my PhD, I had the opportunity to carry out numerous research stays in different groups (Faculty of Sciences at the University of Porto, Portugal; Institute of Biocomputing and Physics of Complex Systems, Zaragoza, Spain; Institut de Génétique et de Biologie Moléculaire et Cellulaire, IGBMC, Strasbourg, France; Department of Physical Chemistry of the Prague University of Chemistry and Technology, Czech Republic; Faculty of Sciences of the UNED, Madrid, Spain). These experiences allowed me to learn from different perspectives and widen my understanding of Biophysics. I am currently interested in the applications of this mixed background to Neuroscience, starting by the analysis of diffusion MRI and some cognitive tests.
- 2014: BSc in Physics, University of Santiago de Compostela (USC), Spain.
- 2015: MSc in Physics with Specialisation in Matter Physics, University of Santiago de Compostela (USC), Spain.
- 2017: MSc in Physics of Complex Systems, National Distance Education University (UNED), Spain.
- 2021: PhD in Materials Science, Soft Matter and Molecular Biophysics group, University of Santiago de Compostela (USC), Spain.
- 2023: MSc in Modeling, Mathematical Research, Statistics and Computing, University of Zaragoza (UNIZAR), Spain.
Relevant work experience
- 2014, 2015: Software Developer, Software 4 Science Developments SL, AFFINImeter Team.
- 2014-2016: Weather Presenter and Scientific Disseminator, Galicia Gestion Audiovisual SL.
- 2015: Research Assistant, Collaboration Grant by Spanish Ministry of Education, Surface and Thermophysical Properties of Liquids group, University of Santiago de Compostela.
- 2016-2017: Senior Research Technician, Soft Matter and Molecular Biophysics group, University of Santiago de Compostela.
- 2017-2021: Predoctoral Fellow, Spanish Ministry of Science FPI Grant, Soft Matter and Molecular Biophysics group, University of Santiago de Compostela.
- 2021-2023: Freelance Scientist, data analysis and research support.
- 2022: Adjunct Professor (Profesor Asociado), Department of Theoretical Physics, University of Zaragoza.
- 2023 – present: UiO:Life Science Postdoctoral Fellow at LCBC, University of Oslo.